CORRECTIONAL OFFICER - 702017STATEWIDE
Date: May 1, 2017
Location: TALLAHASSEE, FL, US, 34715
The State Personnel System is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website.
Requisition No: 305
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: CORRECTIONAL OFFICER - 702017STATEWIDE
Position Number: 70002789
Salary: $28,007.20 - $30,807.92
Posting Closing Date: 06/30/2017
Come join the Florida Department Corrections in a rewarding career as a Correctional Officer.
No prior experience is necessary, all training is provided.
Compensation: Certified rate of pay is $1,184.92 Bi-weekly. Non-Certified rate of pay is $1,077.20 Bi-weekly.
Correctional Officers are responsible for the supervision, care, custody, control and physical restraint, when necessary, of inmates in a Correctional Institution or facility.
Career opportunities for growth, development and promotion:
- Correctional Officer
- Correctional Officer Sergeant
- Correctional Officer Lieutenant
- Correctional Officer Captain
- Correctional Officer Major
- Correctional Officer Colonel
- Assistant Warden
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance and life insurance with accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Supplemental Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and Hospitalization insurance
- Tuition-Free college courses
- 457 Tax Deferred Retirement Plan
Correctional Officers may also qualify for additional benefits:
- "Special Risk" Retirement benefits
- Criminal Justice Incentive Pay up to $1,560.00 annually ($130.00 per month)
- Annual uniform and shoe allowance of $325.00
- Annual salary additive of approximately $1,200 when employed in Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, or St. Lucie counties
- Annual salary additive of approximately $2,500 when employed in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade or Monroe counties.
- Be at least 19 years of age (no age limit)
- Be a United States Citizen
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass a drug test and physical examination
- Pass a background investigation and fingerprinting, which includes; no felony convictions; no misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement; no misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence.
- Must demonstrate good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
Below are the next steps to becoming a Correctional Officer:
- Step 1 - Apply in the People First system. (Click “Apply Now” at the top or bottom of this page.)
- Step 2 - Submit a FDC Correctional Officer Supplemental Application and Willingness Questionnaire, DC2-854. (You will be emailed this form the next business day after the online application is submitted.)
- Step 3 - FDC Recruitment Center will begin the process of conducting a Background Screening.
Note: Consideration as a correctional officer applicant begins upon completion of step 1 and 2.
Please visit http://www.fldocjobs.com/paths/co/index.html for additional information about working for the Florida Department of Corrections. You may also contact the Florida Department of Corrections Recruitment Center at (844) 353-2937 for assistance with your application process. If you experience problems applying online, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Keyword Search: Alachua Arcadia Altamonte Springs Apalachicola Atlantic Beach Amelia City Amelia Island Apollo Beach Auburndale Aventura Avon Park Bal Harbour Baldwin Bartow Belleair Belleair Beach Belleair Bluffs Beverly Hills Blountstown Boca Raton Bonifay Bonita Springs Boynton Beach Bradenton Brandon Bristol Brooksville Bryceville Bunnell Callahan Callaway Cape Canaveral Cape Coral Captiva Island Cassadaga Casselberry Celebration Chester Chipley Citronelle Citrus Hills Citrus Springs Clearwater Clewiston Cocoa Beach Coconut Creek Cooper City Coral Gables Coral Springs Crawfordville Cross City Crystal Beach Crystal River Cutler Ridge Dade City Dania Beach Davie Daytona Beach Deerfield Beach De Funiak Springs DeLand Deltona Delray Beach DeBary Destin Doctors Inlet Dover Doral Dunedin Dunnellon Durant Durbin Elfers Estero Eustis Fernandina Beach Flagler Beach Florida City Fort Lauderdale Fort Myers Fort Pierce Fort Walton Beach Fruit Cove Gainesville Geneva Gibsonia Golden Beach Goulds Greenacres Green Cove Springs Grove Park Gulfport Haines City Hallandale Beach Heathrow Hernando Hialeah Hialeah Gardens Hibernia High Springs Highland Hilliard Hillsboro Beach Holiday Hollywood Homestead Homosassa Homosassa Springs Hudson Indian Rocks Beach Indian Shores Inglis Inverness Islamorada Jacksonville Jacksonville Beach Jasper Jupiter Italia Kathleen Kendall Kenneth City Key Biscayne Key Largo Key West Kings Ferry Kissimmee LaBelle Lady Lake Lakeland Lake Butler Lake City Lake Helen Lake Mary Lake Park Lake Wales Lake Worth Largo Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Lauderdale Lakes Lauderhill Lawley Lecanto Leesburg Lehigh Acres Lighthouse Point Lithia Live Oak Longboat Key Longwood Lutz Lynn Haven Macclenny Madison Marathon Marco Island Margate Marianna Mayo Mayport Melbourne Melbourne Beach Miami Miami Beach Miami Lakes Miami Springs Micanopy Middleberg Milton Miramar Monticello Moore Haven Mount Dora Mulberry Naples Neptune Beach Newberry New Port Richey Niceville North Miami North Miami Beach North Port Oakland Park Ocala Ocoee Okeechobee Oldsmar Orange City Orange Park Orangedale Orlando Ormond Beach Osceola Osteen Oviedo Ozona Palm Bay Palm Beach Palm Beach Gardens Palm Coast Palm Harbor Palmetto Panama City Panama City Beach Pembroke Pines Penny Farms Pensacola Perry Pine Island Pinellas Park Plantation Plant City Pompano Beach Ponte Vedra Beach Port Charlotte Port Orange Port Richey Port St Joe Port St Lucie Princeton Punta Gorda Quincy Reddick Redington Beach Redington Shores Riverview Riviera Beach Rochelle Royal Palm Beach Ruskin Safety Harbor Saint Augustine Saint Cloud Saint Pete Beach Saint Petersburg San Antonio Sanford Sanibel Island Sarasota Sebring Seffner Silver Springs Silver Springs Shores South Miami South Pasadena Spring Hill #1 Spring Hill #2 Starke Stuart Sun City Center Sunrise Surfside Sweetwater Switzerland Tallahassee Tamarac Tampa Tarpon Springs Tavares Temple Terrace The Villages Tierra Verde Titusville Treasure Island Trenton Valrico Venice Vero Beach Wacahoota Waldo Wauchula Wellington Wesley Chapel West Palm Beach West Tocoi Williston Windsor Winter Haven Winter Springs Yankeetown Ybor City Yulee Zephyrhills Alachua Baker Bay Bradford Brevard Broward Calhoun Charlotte Citrus Clay Collier Columbia DeSoto Dixie Duval Escambia Flagler Franklin Gadsden Gilchrist Glades Gulf Hamilton Hardee Hendry Hernando Highlands Hillsborough Holmes Indian River Jackson Jefferson Lafayette Lake Lee Leon Levy Liberty Madison Manatee Marion Martin Miami-Dade Monroe Nassau Okaloosa Okeechobee Orange Osceola Palm Beach Pasco Pinellas Polk Putnam Santa Rosa Sarasota Seminole St. Johns St. Lucie Sumter Suwannee Taylor Union Volusia Wakulla Walton Washington
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando